Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pear Pasta

Photo of the pear pasta from Quattro Leoni from my 3 month stay in Italy

I got this recipe off of the website of a restaurant that I lived next to in Italy, famous for their pear pasta (among other things). Thank you Quattro Leoni.

Ingredients:

Filling:
200 gr ricotta
100 gr mascarpone
1 kaiser pear
Parmesan cheese
salt
white pepper

Sauce:
200 gr asparagus
100 gr fresh cream/heavy cream
50 gr Parmesan cheese
30 gr butter
1 spoon of flour
salt
marjoram/dill for garnish


Recipe:

1.
Peel pear, chop into small cubes. (Probably smaller than what I have here.)


2.
Mix in ricotta, mascarpone, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. (The loosely translated recipe didn't say how much Parmesan cheese for this step so I just added until it tasted alright without overwhelming the rest of the cheeses.)


Spoon out onto ravioli.



Fold and boil.

3.
Steam and chop up asparagus into discs.

4.

Melt butter. Add flour and cream. Boil, then add taleggio cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. (Again, the amount of taleggio was not specified. I added until I got a creamy cheesy consistency.) Add asparagus.


5.

Mix with tortellini, garnish with majoram/dill/parsley!

No comments:

Post a Comment