Monday, January 16, 2012

Ricotta Pear Tart


I found this recipe online searching for tart recipes using ricotta because my ricotta was days from expiring. And it turned out great!

So you make your tarts...

There's a little trick to this one- the cutter is smaller than I think it should be so you have to use the tamper to press down and up against the sides of the mold to fill it out. Otherwise you're getting the tiniest of tarts.

Poke holes otherwise they're much more likely to puff up (if you pre-bake them before filling) like the following picture:




Making tarts is simple. It's just kind of tedious.

8 oz whole milk ricotta
3 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp honey, divided
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 pears, sliced and pressed between paper towels to remove some moisture

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

The recipe calls to pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes but that was for the large 8-serving tart pan. So I don't think it's necessary to do that here. I modified the rest of the recipe to accommodate that.

Blend together the ricotta, cream cheese, 3 tbsp of the honey, the egg, and the vanilla extract until well combined. Pour the mixture into the tart pan and smooth the top.

Lay the pear slices across the top of the ricotta mixture, and drizzle with the final tbsp of honey.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the tart only jiggles slightly and is starting to brown at the edges.
Let sit for 1 hour before slicing and serving.

I was running out of pears so I changed up how I cut the pears. Not really sure of how to make it look nice on such a small scale hah.

Using the measurements above, I made almost 3 dozen mini tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment